One of our core values at Gateway Community Church is children are important. The Children’s Team provides a children’s time held during the morning worship service for ages birth to fifth grade. They also plan out various activities and events for the children throughout the year.
In our Babies and Preschool areas, each classroom has a Lead Teacher and one or two Teacher Assistants that serve on a rotating basis. Generally, Lead Teachers teach 2 Sundays in a row and then have 6 Sundays off. Teacher Assistants rotate into the classroom once every 6-8 weeks.
In our Elementary area (1st – 5th grade), children meet in the Cafeteria and have a large group time that includes worship, games and a dynamic Bible story presentation each week. After the lesson, kids get to interact with the morning Bible lesson in a small group setting, by grade, with an adult Small Group Leader.
How can you serve?
- Lead Teacher (Babies-Kindergarten)
- Small Group Leader (1st-5th grades)
- Teacher Assistant (Babies-Kindergarten)
- Administrative help at our Check-In tables
- Preschool and Elementary Worship Leader
- Media and Sound Equipment in Cafeteria
- Organize or volunteer for teams for KidzTown special events
Note: We require background checks on all our Teachers.