Meditation on Galatians 5:16-23
- In your experience, can you feel the difference between the desires of the sinful nature and the desires of the Spirit?
- What do you think Paul means when he says ?live by the Spirit??
- Does anything surprise you about the ?acts of the sinful nature? list? If you had to put them in different categories, how many categories would you have and what would they be?
- On Sunday, we said the real tragedy, according to Jesus, is living a fruitless life. So what does a fruitful life look like?
- Why do you think Paul says the ?fruit? of the Spirit and not ?fruits? of the Spirit?
- If there is no way to legislate the fruit of the Spirit in a Christian?s life (see verse 23), how do you think these characteristics develop?
- What has happened to the sinful nature in Christians?
- I have often heard the conflict that Paul writes about referred to as an internal war. How are you doing in the war between your sinful nature and the Spirit?
- As you get older, do you find the battle easier, harder or just different?