What We’re About: Our Mission / Vision / Values
We desire to be a place where you can experience honest, authentic Christian community.
To build balanced, spiritual lives by growing:
- Up towards God in worship;
- In towards others in community;
- Out towards the world in specific acts of service.
Beliefs are not worth much unless they are translated into actions. We feel very strongly about the following nine values statements and the actions that grow out of them:
Values and practices related to our movement up toward God:
- Jesus Christ is the key to right relationship with God.
- The Bible is the primary and final authority concerning faith and life.
- Godly action begins with prayer.
Values and practices related to our movement in toward God’s people:
- The church is a diverse community of believers (united by God).
- Healthy home fellowships are the key to loving, God-centered relationships with one another.
- Children are important.
Values and practices related to our movement out toward others.
- The main responsibility of the church is to offer connection to people outside of relationship with Christ.
- The church must move intentionally toward the culture with sensitivity and savvy looking for points of intersection between individual’s needs and God’s kingdom story.
- Ministry happens most effectively in teams.